Issue no. 1: Having just subscribed, you are unable to log-in.
Response: Upon subscribing, you should have received a registration e-mail from The ULAT inviting you to create your profile, which includes establishing a username and password. If you did not receive it, it most likely went to your Spam folder. Check there and then follow the link it provides to create your profile. If you do not find it, inform The ULAT of this problem by e-mailing us at “email@example.com”.
Issue no. 2: You are unable to log-in after having been able to do so in the past.
Response: On the log-in page, click on “Forgot Password” and then provide your e-mail address. You should receive an e-mail providing you with your username and a new password. (If you do not receive that e-mail, look for it in your Spam folder.) Log-in with that new password and then go to “Edit Profile” and change your password to whatever you would like it to be.
Issue no. 3: You are unable to access the ULAT website.
Response: If ever the ULAT website is “down”, you will be informed of this by e-mail. Otherwise, perform the following steps:
- Reboot your computer.
- Check your Internet connection by trying to access other websites or videos that you have not accessed in the past (and which, therefore, have not been saved in your browser’s cache).
- Rather than relying on a shortcut you have created to a particular page in the ULAT, type “www.theulat.com” into the address bar of your browser and hit “Enter”.
Issue no. 4: You cannot get the ULAT’s Youtube videos to play.
Response: Be sure that you are using Google Chrome as your browser.
Issue no. 5: You cannot get the sound to play in a particular lesson.
Response: Perform the following steps, checking the sound after each step, until the sound plays:
- Ensure that you are using Google Chrome as your browser.
- Click on “F5” to refresh the page and to allow all of the lesson’s sound files to load.
- Clear your browsing history. Once that is done, click on “F5” to refresh the page.
- Reboot your computer.
- If you are using a smartphone, try using a desktop or laptop computer. Because of the large quantity of sound files that must be downloaded in each lesson, your smartphone may not be capable of smoothly handling that quantity of data, especially if your Internet connection is not strong.
- If all of the above steps fail, contact The ULAT at “firstname.lastname@example.org” and inform us of the problem. In your e-mail, please indicate the language you are trying to study, the lesson number, the section number and the item number for which the sound is not playing.